Complied by: Muhammad Shakil Naz
“Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” (Anonymous)
Following are 21 interesting and amazing facts about human body:
- An average person`s heart beats 40 million times in one year and 3,000 million times in their lifetime.
- Women’s hearts beat faster than men’s.
- Left lung is smaller than the right lung to make room for the heart.
- One human brain generates more electrical impulses in a single day than all of the world’s telephones put together.
- The human brain has a memory capacity which is the equivalent of more than four terabytes on a hard drive.
- Scientists have counted over 500 different liver functions.
- Women blink about two times less often than men.
- Our eyes remain the same size as they were at birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- On the average 43 muscles are used to frown and 17 muscles for a smile. Every two thousand frowns create one wrinkle.
- Every person has a unique tongue print.
- The tooth is the only part of the human body that can’t repair itself.
- The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea of the eye.
- Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
- Human beings are the only living things which sleep on their backs.
- 99% of the calcium contained in the human body is in the teeth.
- A kiss increases a person’s pulse to 100 beats per minute or more.
- About two thirds of people tilt their head to the right when kissing.
- The smallest cells in a man’s body are sperm cells.
- By the age of 60 most people lose half of their taste buds.
- We have a whole pharmacy within us. We can create any drug inside us.
- Our bodies are recreating themselves constantly. We, make a skeleton every 3 months, new skin every month.